Thursday, 1 January 2015

Dairy Free Cheesy Broccoli Bites

Cheesy Broccoli Bites
These cheesy broccoli bites are a great way to get your little ones eating broccoli if they don't like it and even if your little ones do like broccoli these are a great way to mix things up a little so your little ones don't get bored.



Ingredients:

65g Panko Japanese bread crumbs
1 Large head of broccoli florets
50g Grated dairy free cheese
2 Large eggs
1/2 tsp - Salt
2 tbsp - Olive oil

Method:

1. Steam the broccoli
2. Mix the broccoli, bread crumbs, eggs, cheese and salt in a food processor until finely chopped
3. Separate mixture into balls and flatten to required thickness, place under the grill for around ten minutes on each side or until golden 

I didn't use a food processor when I made these as I don't own one and they still turned out well.  My son really enjoyed them, I felt like I wanted to dip mine in something so I would recommend getting a sweet chili dip in to have with these.  

You could try adding other veggies to these, I am going to make them again and try adding garlic.  If you make them using any other ingredients let me know how they turned out, you can post to our Facebook page: Living with CMPA

I have been searching for broccoli recipes online as since changing my sons milk from soya milk to oat milk he is struggling a bit with constipation.  I did a bit of research and discovered adding broccoli and kiwi fruit to his diet will help relieve constipation.  Luckily my son likes his veggies and will eat broccoli anyway but I don't want him to get bored with the same old meals so I thought i'd give this a go and it was a hit! Recipes using kiwi fruit will be following soon.

I used the dairy free cheese 'Cheezly' to make these broccoli bites

Recipe from superhealthykids.com 

Like us on Facebook for more great recipes 

Follow us on Twitter - Follow us on Instagram @livingwithcmpa 



Disclaimer: Always double check ingredients before purchasing as manufactures can change their products at any time.  May contain foods are always a risk.  

We have moved to a new website - Click here to go to Living with cow's milk protein allergy's new site.

No comments:

Post a Comment